Saturday, November 10, 2007

Childlike Enthusiasm

I hope I won't get in trouble here but the following is a copy and paste of a web page that I found by doing a "Google Search" for "childlike enthusiasm"

I did not seek permission to copy it here but suspect that the author will not mind me sharing with the world, her very inspirational poem.

Upon reading her poem, I felt as though I knew her and connected with what it is she feels. I am now inspired to learn more about this woman and will share more in future posts.

This search was inspired by my Friend Oza (aka Mudd)....she is my happiness mentor and the person who helps me remember to enjoy life and never lose that "childlike enthusiasm" (More about her in another post)

This post is about the Number one result from Google for "childlike enthusiasm"

Don'tcha just love this stuff? (Web 2.0)

The following is a beautiful poem that requires no explantion but led me to want to learn much more about the creative soul that wrote it.

Her name is Nora Naranjo-Morse



Childlike Enthusiasm
Nora Naranjo-Morse

It is not sophisticated technique or exact skill

but childlike enthusiasm,
timeless concentration
and pure devotion that feed this clay to life for me.

Knowing this as my hands work slower than my desire to create,
feeling this on frigid winter mornings when clay spirits are
cold and so am I.

Laughing in J. C. Penney's when I notice there is still clay
stubbornly stuck under my fingernails,
as I pass a free manicure display.

Dreaming up new shapes and stories for brown
earth and me, as I secretly call myself
Mud Woman.

Indulging in limitless, creative possibilities.
How lucky I am to know this clay.

1 comment:

Oza Meilleur said...

Mon Cher Ami Gord,

I hope your readers are as touched by this poem as I was when you shared it with me last night. Finding these little treasures turns an ordinary day into...you guessed it...an extraordinary one. Thanks for being my alchemist.

And thanks also for the sweet comment you made about me. The kid in me sure is happy to have found the kid in you. Fun times ahead!

Extra Special Big Hugs,
Mudd a.k.a. Oza
xoxo